Effective Date: 04 January 2021
- "KKday" or "us" referred to in this Policy shall be subject to Article 1.2 of the Terms and Conditions.
- If any term hereunder involves "representation with a legally binding effect", you agree to use "electronic transmission" as the means of such representation.
- When you provide us with information of any third party (such as a traveler, contact person or recipient), you represent and warrant that the third party has authorized you to provide his/her personal information to us, and you shall ensure that the third party has acknowledged the contents hereunder and agreed that we may collect, process and use his/her personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not accept this Policy, please do not register as a KKday member or submit any personal information to us. If you are not an adult in accordance with the laws of your country, please make sure that your guardians have read this Policy and that you register as a KKday member or submit your personal information to us with the consent of your guardians.
If you have any question, comment or would like to exercise your rights with respect to this Policy, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
1. Scope of this Policy
- 1.1 This Policy applies to all the personal information of KKday members, potential customers (such as customers who request for information on products, participants who attend the marketing activities, etc.) or partners (such as participants who join the affiliate program, bloggers, photographers, YouTubers, content-creators, etc.) and those that are collected by us through the KKday website (kkday.com) and KKday mobile device application (app) (personal information means data related to any identified or identifiable natural person).
2. Legal Basis for Our Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Information
To the extent necessary, KKday collects, processes and uses personal information pursuant to the following legal basis:
- 2.1 A relationship of contract or quasi-contract with the parties and appropriate security measures have been taken.
- 2.2 With the consent of the parties.
- 2.3 Explicit provisions in the law.
- 2.4 Personal information disclosed by the parties themselves or otherwise lawfully disclosed.
- 2.5 Based on the legitimate interests.
3. How Do We Collect Personal Information/What Personal Information Do We Collect
Personal information provided by you
We will obtain personal information that you have entered on the KKday website or app, or provide through telephone, letter, email, communication software or other means, including:
Membership data is your and frequent traveler’s personal information including identification, characteristics, account number and password. You can choose whether to update the membership data or not. If you do not choose to update your basic data and frequently-used traveler data, we will not be able to automatically insert your order and traveler data by the system when you place orders. However, we recommend that you update your password regularly to keep your account safe.
- Customer/recipient/traveler/contact data
When you place an order, depending on the type of products you purchase, you may need to provide the personal information of different individuals, including identification and characteristics, etc. (for example, you may need to provide your passport name and passport number in both Chinese and English when purchasing foreign tour products, or the recipient's name and address when you purchase pre-mailed physical tickets). You may also choose whether to update the data to the membership data.
- Payment and financial data
Credit card information (card number, expiry date and security code) and other payment method information.
- Refund proof data
Depending on the reason for your cancellation/refund, medical and health records may be included.
- Customer/recipient/traveler/contact data
Business partners (such as data of participants who join the affiliate program, bloggers, photographers, YouTubers, content-creators, etc.)
If you are interested in becoming our business partner, we need to obtain your personal information, including:
- Basic data and contact information such as identification, characteristics and working situation
- Proof data for qualification review
- Financial account data for payment
When you request us to help with your tour planning, we need to obtain basic data and contact information such as identification.
Participants in activities
When you participate in various activities held by us (such as filling in questionnaires, competitions, psychological tests, lucky draw and other survey or marketing activities), we need to obtain your personal information, such as identification and characteristics, depending on the contents of the activities.
When you make inquiries, feedback or complaints to us through various contact methods, we need to obtain your basic data and contact data such as identification and characteristics. When we communicate over the phone, we may record the whole conversation.
- 3.1.1 Membership
Obtained from a third-party service provider
- 3.2.1 When you register as a member of a third-party service provider (e.g., Facebook, LINE, Google), we will obtain your data (such as name, photo, email address and any information you choose to provide) and UID according to your settings at the third-party service provider.
- 3.2.2 We will also obtain relevant data from third-party service providers about your interactions with KKday on their websites or apps (such as your likes or comments on KKday's Facebook page).
Automatic collection via online behaviors
- IP address.
- Your stay, browsing or clicking on the KKday website or app page.
- Traffic data.
- The webpage you visited before linking to the KKday website.
Provided by business partners
If you participate in marketing activities jointly organized by us and our third-party business partners, we may obtain your personal information (such as prize winners' data) from the business partners to the extent necessary.
Obtained through a subsidiary or branch
We may also obtain your personal information from our subsidiary or branch, in your location, and add the data to our database to the extent necessary.
4. Why Do We Collect Personal Information/How Do We Use Personal Information
When you register as a member of KKday, we will create a membership profile for you so that we can manage all membership data. You can do the following in the “Account Settings”:
- Update basic data and frequently-used traveler data to help you automatically insert the required information when placing orders.
- Update the password to maintain the security of your account.
Order management (fulfillment/termination)
After you place an order, we will collect the personal information of the customer/recipient/traveler/contact person depending on the products you purchase in order for us to process and fulfill your order, such as:
- booking your tour.
- sending the products you purchase (such as ticket, SIM card, WIFI device, etc.).
- processing your payment.
- providing you with information about the products you ordered (such as confirmation letter or advance notice) or contact you or the contact person for products you ordered.
- 4.2.2 If you want to cancel the order or apply for refund, we may also need additional personal information for processing the refund and qualification review.
- 4.2.1 After you place an order, we will collect the personal information of the customer/recipient/traveler/contact person depending on the products you purchase in order for us to process and fulfill your order, such as:
Business partner management
To establish/fulfill our contractual relationships with our business partners (such as participants who join the affiliate program, bloggers, photographers, YouTubers, content-creators):
- We will review the proof data provided by you, and after the contractual relationship is established, we will contact you for the required business contacts and payments. We will also recommend information about suitable products to you.
- We may also use your personal information to order products for you (such as tours, tickets, etc.) and/or provide your personal information to the supplier depending on the contents of the products.
Tour-planning and management
When you request us to help with your tour planning, we will use the data you provide to us to design suitable package for you and contact you. We will also recommend our products to you from time to time.
- 4.5.1 When you participate in any of our activities (such as questionnaires, competitions, psychological tests, lucky draws, etc.), we may contact you to communicate the contents of the activities, or disclose the data to the extent necessary (such as the accounts of prize winners).
- 4.5.2 When you win the prize, if necessary, we will send the prize to you via your email address or physical address.
- 4.5.3 If your prize amount reaches the legal threshold, we also need to obtain the necessary personal information from you to declare in accordance with the law.
- 4.5.4 We will also recommend our products to you from time to time.
When you make inquiries, feedback or complaints to us, we will use your contact information to keep you updated of the status, or provide your data to our supplier or business partner (such as payment service provider flow or logistics provider) based upon the specific needs in order to assist the handling of the matter. If any dispute arises or is likely to occur, we will also use the communication records between the parties (such as emails or telephone recordings) as evidence.
If you are a member of KKday or our business partner, or you have ordered any products from us, participated in our activities, inquired about product information (as a potential customer), we will use your contact information to recommend the latest itineraries, discount information, other newsletters or product information you may be interested in, or deliver advertisement to you on third-party platforms (such as Facebook).
Survey, statistics and analysis
- 4.8.1 We will survey your comments on the products from time to time.
- 4.8.2 We will analyze users’ behaviors on the KKday website and app to optimize our performance and service and improve our product planning.
- 4.8.3 We will analyze the data you left through your online activities (such as products you search and browsing or clicking behaviors, etc.) or your participation in various activities (such as questionnaires you fill out and competitions, quizzes or lucky draws you participate, etc.) to evaluate products you may be interested in.
- 4.8.4 KKday will collect statistics and analyze the collected data to evaluate customer willingness to purchase products and the items which customers like, develop marketing strategies, improve service quality, predict the future trend of hot selling products, or recommend suitable products.
Exercise of rights/fulfillment of statutory obligations
- 4.9.1 In case of any consumer disputes, non-performance of contract, infringement or criminal acts, we will use personal information to the extent necessary to make a legal request or defense, such as providing the data to the competent authority or judicial authority.
- 4.9.2 If required by law, KKday will also provide your personal information to the competent authority or judicial authority in order to fulfill our statutory obligations.
In the event any of the following occurs, we may also use your personal information for other purposes:
- 4.10.1 With consent of the parties.
- 4.10.2 Expressly required by law.
- 4.10.3 Where it is necessary for protecting public interest, such as when we think that your actions may be illegal, we may provide personal information to the judicial authority.
- 4.10.4 Where it is to prevent harm to life, body, freedom or property of the parties.
- 4.10.5 Where it is to prevent material harm to the rights and interests of others.
- 4.10.6 Where it is beneficial to the rights and interests of the parties.
5. Who Obtains Personal Information/Why is Personal Information Obtained
Within the following scope, to the extent necessary, personal information may be obtained by third parties:
- 5.1 Where we use the cloud service providers to store personal information in cloud space.
- 5.2 In order to complete the transaction, the payment service provider (for processing the payment) or the logistics provider (for sending or receiving products, such as collecting your passport to arrange a tour) we cooperate with may obtain your personal information.
- 5.4 Where we provide the order data to KKday's subsidiary or branch in your location.
- 5.5 If you participate in marketing activities jointly organized by us and our third-party business partner, we may provide your personal information (such as the prize winner's information) to the business partner to the extent necessary.
6. Personal Information Storage and Cross-border Transmission
- 6.1 KKday uses the cloud space of a trusted cloud storage service provider to store your personal information, and we may transfer your data to data recipients located in other countries and regions (such as where suppliers of local tours or tickets are located) according to your order requirements.
- 6.2 The personal information protection laws of the location where the data recipient is located may differ from those of your location, but we will do our best to take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information are effectively secured.
7. Use of Personal Information /Retention Period
- KKday will continue to use your personal information while the aforementioned collection purpose still exists. Where the purpose of the collection ceases, we will no longer keep the data in a way that will identify you, unless otherwise required by law.
8. How Do We Protect Personal Information
- 8.1 KKday is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We take appropriate administrative and technical measures to ensure the legality of our collection, processing and use of personal information, and to prevent personal information from being tampered with, damaged, lost, leaked or otherwise infringed.
- 8.2 We will take reasonable steps with our suppliers to ensure the security of your personal information in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal information.
- 8.3 We will also carefully select the business partners we instruct to collect, process or use personal information, and supervise the security of personal information by contractual and other reasonable means.
- 8.4 However, you need to understand that no 100% security maintenance measures over the internet are 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
9. The Rights You May Exercise through Us
You may exercise the following rights with respect to your personal information through KKday:
Access to your personal information, including the right to make an inquiry of or to request to review or make a copy of your personal information. Unless any of the following occurs, we will not refuse the exercise of your rights:
- Impairing national security, diplomatic and military confidentiality, overall economic interests or other vital national interests.
- Obstructing the performance of statutory obligations imposed by competent authorities.
- Impairing significant interests of KKday or a third party.
- 9.2 Supplement or correction (Depending on the situation, you may need to provide appropriate explanations)
Requesting to stop collecting, processing or using personal information or requesting to delete personal information
- 9.3.1 If you think that we collect your personal information illegally, you have the right to ask us to stop collecting, processing and using your personal information. You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal information.
- 9.3.2 If the accuracy of your personal information is in dispute, you have the right to request us to stop processing or using your personal information. However, this shall not apply where it is necessary for us to operate the business, or where you agree us to continue to process or use your personal information in writing (and noting the dispute over the accuracy of personal information).
- 9.3.3 When KKday's purpose of collecting your personal information ceases (that has been achieved or no longer exists, such as where you want to terminate the membership) or the term expires, you have the right to request us to delete or stop processing or using your personal information. However, this shall not apply where it is necessary for us to operate the business (such as during the statutory retention period or account processing not yet completed, etc.), or where you agree us to continue to process or use your personal information in writing.
Requesting to stop using personal information for marketing purposes
When we use your personal information to market any product to you (for example, by sending an information email about the products), you may reject the marketing activity.
Right to personal information portability
You may request us to make your personal information available to you in a structured, machine-readable, universally used electronic format, or transfer it to a third party to the extent technically feasible.
The way for Right Exercise
You may login to access, supplement and correct your personal information, or you may contact KKday customer service mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise the abovementioned rights. You may also file a complaint about the dispute related to your personal information with the competent authority where KKday is located.
11. Personal Information of Minors
- 11.1 If you are not an adult in accordance with the laws of your location, please have your guardians read and accept this Policy, and your guardians should agree to register you as our member or submit your personal information to us.
- 11.2 If the data you fill in contains the personal information of a minor when placing an order, you should represent and warrant that his/her guardians agree you to provide such minor’s data to us.
12. Change of this Policy
- 12.1 KKday may update this Policy in the future. You are advised to pay attention to the latest version of this Policy. In the event of a major update, we will notify you proactively in an appropriate manner (such as sending email, bouncing window notification, app notification, etc.).
- 12.2 Where you are not willing to accept our updated policies to collect, process and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Effective Date: 04 January 2021
1. What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small text file that we store in your browser to record information about your online activities, such as the information about your login, connection, shopping, language settings, browsing history, etc.
2. What are the types of cookies?
By storage period
- 2.1.1 Working cookie─ they disappear when you close your browser.
- 2.1.2 On-going cookie─ they continue to be stored in your browser until you delete them.
By setting source
- 2.2.1 First-party cookie─ they are set by us or by the vendor we use.
- 2.2.2 Third-party cookie─ they are set by a third party (different domain) other than our website.
3. Which cookies do we use and for what purpose?
Essential cookies are necessary for the operation of the website to allow you to use various features or services on the website, or to help us detect and prevent fraud while maintaining the security of the website, such as verifying your login information, recording your login information so that you do not have to log in repeatedly when you browse the website again, recording your shopping information, saving your connection information, remembering your language preferences, etc. Therefore, you will not be able to refuse to use it in our website settings. If you turn off the acceptance of the cookies setting in your browser, you may not be able to use certain features or services of the website properly.
Performance and analysis for cookie
The performance and analysis of cookies helps us to enhance our services and users' online experience, such as calculating and analyzing information on website traffic sources, popular pages, conversion rates, click-through rates, and other information that can be aggregated in an anonymous manner for market research. If you refuse to accept such cookies, we will not be able to use your online activity as the subject for our analysis.
Ad tracking cookie
Ad tracking cookies are set by us or by our advertising partners (advertising agency, advertisers). Such cookies can be used to create a profile of you to analyze your preferences and to deliver advertisements to you on our website or other media that are relevant to your interests. Advertising partners do not receive directly identifiable information about you from us, but instead track your online activity with the unique identifier of your browser or connected device. If you refuse to accept such cookies, the advertisements you receive may not be relevant to your interests.
4. How do I refuse to accept cookies?
You can click on the link to reject our cookies (except for the required cookies).
You can refer to the following link to manage your browser's cookie settings according to your browser type and version. You can also manage your browser's cookie settings by searching for the latest information provided by your browser manufacturer or by referring to the description at: (www.aboutcookies.org).
Browser Operation Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en Microsoft Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox Apple Safari https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/clear-your-browsing-history-sfri47acf5d6/mac